−Racial Reconciliation Conference – A Biblical Perspective @ Christ's Church Apostolic10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Racial Reconciliation. “Against the rising spirit of indifference, alienation, and hostility in our land, we will embrace the supremacy of God’s love to take new steps personally and corporately toward Racial Reconciliation, expressed visibly in our community and in our church.” – John Piper
THEME: “A City That Looks Like Heaven”
“And He (God) has made from ONE BLOOD every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre–appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,” (Acts 17:26) (NKJV)
What would Jesus do in a world being torn apart by Racial and Ethnic Division and Strife? In John 4 we have an answer: He crossed religious, social, political, and cultural barriers to interact with a Samaritan woman. Using Jesus and the Samaritan woman as our model, we will explore:
1. The cultural competencies necessary for racial healing to take place.
2. How the issues of power and privilege impact racial reconciliation.
3. The steps you must take to cross cultures and build bridges across the racial divide.
4. The connection between spiritual transformation and reconciliation.
5. Why so many people fail at racial and ethnic reconciliation and how you can succeed!
pastor combs+10:00 amRacial Reconciliation Conference – A Biblical Perspective @ Christ's Church Apostolic